Since reforming the social enterprise in 2011, First Act have run in conjunction with a list of aims that highlight the purpose of the service.
These aims are –
– To create a sense of belonging for all our members.
– To build confidence and create a sense of purpose in all those who take part.
– For workshops to be energising and to enliven the imagination of all those taking part.
– To improve coordination and motor skills within our members.
– To improve social skills within a group setting.
Along side these 5 main aims, First Act 2011 work hard on enhancing other personal qualities within it’s members. Especially focusing on commitment and team work.
– Commitment – Our members all feel a sense of commitment towards attending weekly workshops. They understand the importance of attending and that this continues effort will allow them to create a professional standard of show.
– Teamwork – First Act 2011 members work closely together to produce the finale production. They are encouraged to work as a team to assist with costumes, scenery and theatrical props, as well as coming together at weekly rehearsals to create a productive yet joyful working environment.
If you want to learn more about us, contact us here.